10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
10 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 1/4 cups water
16 oz pkg processed cheese – cubed
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 large yellow onion – diced
1/2 cup mushrooms – sliced
1 celery stalk – chopped
2 x 10 oz pkgs frozen, chopped broccoli
3 cups instant rice
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rice and broccoli separately, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, add soup and stir in 1 1/4 cups water until blended.
- Slowly stir in cheese until melted, taking care not to burn the cheese.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter and add salt, pepper, onion, mushrooms and celery; sauté until softened
- In a large mixing bowl combine rice, broccoli, cheese mixture, sautéed onion and celery; mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a 9”x 13” casserole dish, top evenly with cheddar cheese (optional)
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, until lightly browned.