1 cup + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the 8 ounces of chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy – about 1 minute.
- Beat in the sugars.
- Mix in the beaten egg/vanilla until incorporated.
- Add the chocolate and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients on slow speed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop about 2 Tbsp of dough and roll into a ball.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies have just begun to set with the centers still appearing very soft. They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.