1 (9-oz.) pkg. refrigerated fettuccine
1/3 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 salmon fillet cooked and chopped
1/2 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- Cook fettuccine as directed on package.
- Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place 1/3 cup water in medium saucepan.
- Bring just to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add asparagus; cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile to make the Alfredo sauce, melt butter in large skillet.
- Add cream and stir for about a minute.
- Add Parmesan cheese and continue stirring until cheese melts.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the asparagus, Alfredo sauce and salmon; cover and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes or just until thoroughly heated.
- Place fettuccine in large serving bowl.
- Add asparagus and sauce and toss to coat