1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded (you can use up to 6 oz)
1 c frozen spinach, thawed and drained (you can also use fresh cooked spinach)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp breadcrumbs 1
1 tbsp cajun seasoning
Sea salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Lots of toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flatten the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pepper jack cheese, spinach,salt and pepper.
- Combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.
- Spoon about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast.
- Roll each chicken breast tightly and fasten the seams with several toothpicks.
- Be sure to count how many total toothpicks were used!
- Brush each chicken breast with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning mixture evenly over all.
- Sprinkle any remaining spinach and cheese on top of chicken (optional).
- Place the chicken seam-side up onto a tin foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving.
- Count to make sure you have removed every last toothpick.
- Serve whole or slice into medallions.