5 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
2 medium Red Onions, sliced
4 clove(s) Garlic, finely chopped
3 pound(s) Kale, stemmed
Freshly Ground Pepper
3 tablespoon(s) Balsamic Vinegar
- To save time, wash, dry, and trim the kale the day before. Store in crisper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add onions and cook until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add garlic, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl with onions.
- Wipe any blackened bits from skillet and add remaining oil.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add kale
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until kale wilts, about 5 minutes.
- Add reserved onion and garlic.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until kale is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with vinegar and toss.
- Finish the dish by adding a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts or sliced almonds.