1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2/3 cup International Delight peppermint coffee creamer
1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1-2 drops peppermint extract
2-4 tablespoons International Delight peppermint coffee creamer
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line 14-15 cupcake cups with paper cups.
- Set aside.
- Beat together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy
- Stir in the peppermint extract and the 2 eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Alternately, stir in the flour and baking powder with the peppermint creamer.
- Stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking cups and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting them.
- When the cupcakes are cooled, make the frosting.
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy
- Stir in few drops of peppermint extract and 2 tablespoons for peppermint creamer.
- Gently beat in the powder sugar, a little at a time.
- When all the sugar is added, beat well
- If you think your frosting is too thick, add a few more teaspoons of peppermint creamer until you reach desired consistency.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a frosting tip and frost the cooled cupcakes.